Delete Gmail Account 2017: If you’ve decided that you no longer want to use your Gmail account, Here’s the solution for your problem “how to delete a Gmail account”. Well, the process of “how to delete a Gmail account” or “how to close a Gmail account” is not that intuitive as it could be. In this tutorial I will tell you how I delete a Gmail account in few easy steps!
If you have used your Google account for a while, you’ll probably have some important data that needs saving, such as emails, notes, photos, and other information. Once your Gmail account is deleted, you will no longer be able to access any of your emails. Therefore, we highly recommend backing up of files that you’d like to save. You can use all the given information for the solution of “how to delete Gmail account from phone” or how to deactivate Gmail account?
Some good reasons why you Might Need to Delete Your Gmail Account
There are many disadvantages of deleting a Gmail account. You may ponder why you would ever try to learn about “how to delete Gmail account permanently.”
There are some good reasons that could cause you to brush up on how to delete a Gmail account or how to close a Gmail account.
- You might be willing to delete a Gmail account if it is hacked by someone else. There are some other steps you should take first.
Step 1. Go ahead and change your password.
Step 2. Next, report the hack to Gmail.
Step 3. Let your contacts know that your account has been compromised and that emails sent from it may not be coming from you.
Step 4. Finally, close the account down and open a new account.
- You may want to delete your account if you are getting too much spam and unwanted emails. For this reason, you can set up a filter and block the unwanted messages. Sometimes, the cyber bully or spammer is too persistent. They may switch email addresses and continue to send the unwanted messages. If this happens, shutting down your Gmail account and opening a new account may be your best option.
- If you rarely use your Gmail account instead of regular emailing, but you have given your address to enter an event or signed up for any email newsletters, then your inbox may be full of a mass of unwanted messages.
The best thing to do is to delete the unwanted messages and unsubscribe from mailing lists you’re on; you can have a fresh start with a new email address.
- An unused email account could be at a security stake. If you’re not checking your account regularly, you have no way of knowing whether the account is accommodated.
Consequences of deleting a Gmail account
- When you delete your Gmail account, you would not be able to send or receive an email with that Gmail address. You will lose complete access to your account. Make sure to inform all relevant parties before shutting down Gmail account.
- You will lose access to 3rd party services connected with your Gmail account.
- Before you hit the big red button and delete your Gmail account, you might want to download a backup of all your data and emails.
Deleting Your Account: You Have Two Options for how to delete a Gmail account.
- Delete products
- Delete Google account and data.
The first option, “delete products,” gives you a list of Google services you use. You can also follow these steps for “how to delete Gmail account from phone.”
Step 1. Click the trash can next to Gmail.
Step 2. Now you’ll be asked to add another email address here, which you will use to access your other Google services.
Step 3. Enter your current primary email address (not the address you’re deleting).
Step 4. Click on “Send Verification Email.” An email will be sent to that account.
Step 5. Go ahead and click the link. You’ll be taken to another page, where you can confirm one more time that this is what you want to do.
This is your last warning, so be certain that everything is backed up.
Step 6. Click the checkbox and click “Delete Account.” These are the steps for “how to deactivate a Gmail account.”
Once you do that, you’ve officially deleted your Gmail account. You can still log into your Google account to access services like YouTube, but you’ll need to use the new email address you provided.
Now follow the steps given below for “how to delete Gmail account permanently” you can also use these steps for “how to delete Gmail account from the phone.”
Step 1. Go to Google Account Settings.
Step 2. Select delete your account or services under Account Preferences.
Step 3. Click Delete Google Account and Data to remove your entire Google account (including your search history, Google Docs, AdWords, and AdSense as well as other Google services).
Step 4. Select the Gmail account you want to delete.
Step 5. Type the password to the account over entering your password.
Step 6. Click Next.
Step 7. Click the trashcan icon next to Gmail.
Step 8. Enter an email address different from the address associated with the Gmail account you are closing under entering an email address in the How you’ll sign in to Google dialog box.
The alternative email address you enter here becomes your new Google account username.
Step 9. Click Send Verification Email.
Step 10. Open the email from Google with the subject “Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation.”
Step 11. Follow the deletion link, if prompted, log in to the Gmail account you are deleting.
Step 12. Under Confirm Gmail Deletion Select Yes, I want to delete example@Gmail.com permanently from my Google Account.
Step 13. Click Delete Gmail.
You cannot undo this step. After you click this, your Gmail account and messages are gone.
Step 14. Click Done.
This is the complete guide for “how to delete a Gmail account” or “how to delete Gmail account permanently.”
What happens when your Gmail account is deleted?
- People who mail your old Gmail address will receive back a delivery failure message.
- Your emails will be deleted.
- Your Google Account, including purchases made on Google Play and your search history, won’t be deleted.
- Your Gmail account is associated with your social media accounts, and you can’t reset your password or recover your account.
- Your Gmail account is linked to your bank account. Three forms of ID and 14 hours of customer service calls later; you end up with a splitting migraine. Yikes!
That’s it, the whole process for “how to delete a Gmail account” is quite easy, right? Your Google account will be easily deleted. The same steps are valid for “how to delete Gmail account from the phone.”