Delete Skype Account: Skype is one of the most widely used apps for video and audio calls on phones. However, there are some better alternatives for video calling. It’s understandable that no online provider would advertise the account deletion option in front and center. Microsoft has made closing Skype accounts more torturous than it needs to be. With that in mind, you might be thinking then, how do I delete my Skype account! Permanently deleting a Skype account is a multi-step process, but don’t worry, this tutorial will guide you perfectly for “how to delete Skype account” or “how to deactivate Skype” successfully in the right way, as a bonus, we’ll show you how you can delete Skype account from login.
Before you move towards to learn about the techniques for “how to delete Skype account” and “how to deactivate Skype” there are some important things you should consider.
How to Delete Skype Account Permanently 2017
- Check to make sure you aren’t leaving anything important on the heels of Skype.
When you close your Skype account, the associated Microsoft account is also closed, and you won’t be able to sign into any other Microsoft products or services you have been using, such as Xbox, OneDrive, or Outlook.com therefore before you delete Skype account from login unlink your Microsoft account from Skype account.
- Cancel all active subscriptions.
If you have Auto recharge enabled and cancel your account without first Cancelling your subscription, you will continue to be charged until your account has been permanently closed. Therefore immediately cancel all the active subscriptions and request a refund.
- Remove a Skype Number, if you have one.
- Use all the money in your account before you close it.
- Remove recurring payments by disabling the Auto-Renew feature.
- Update your mood message and set your status to Offline or Invisible.
- Sign out of Skype on all devices.
- Remove personally identifiable details from your Skype profile.
Formerly moving towards the schema for “how to delete Skype account” or “how to deactivate Skype” it is important to have knowledge of the fact that deleting your Skype account will also delete its linked Microsoft account. This might not be what you want because your Microsoft account is also your key to other Microsoft services.
- Delete Facebook Account
- Delete Instagram Account
- How to Delete Uber Account
- Delete Twitter Account Permanently
Follow the steps given below to unlink your Microsoft account from Skype account.
Step 1. Open the Skype app.
Step 2. Access your profile by clicking or tapping on your name in the Status Bar.
Step 3. Click or tap on Manage.
This action will open a secure area of the Skype website in your main browser. Here you will be able to access several options that allow you to customize your account.
To unlink your accounts,
Step 4. Scroll down to the Account details area.
Step 5. In the Settings and preferences section, click or tap on Account settings.
Step 6. In the Account settings page, you will find your linked Skype and Microsoft accounts displayed side by side.
Step 7. In the Microsoft account section, simply click or tap on the unlink option.
Step 8. After you pressed Unlink, you will be prompted with a message box. It will warn you that you can unlink your Skype and Microsoft accounts only for a limited number of times.
Step 9. Click or tap Continue to finish the unlinking process.
Step 10. You should see a notification in the top area of the web page which states that the two accounts have been unlinked.
Now let’s move to the solution for “how to delete Skype account” or “how to delete Skype from computer”. Follow the steps given to delete Skype account from login.
Step 1. Visit the Skype customer support web page. Only Skype customer support can completely delete an account.
Step 2. Sign in. Enter your Skype username and password to log into the customer support website.
Step 3. Choose a help topic. After logging in, you’ll be asked why you need customer support.
Step 4. Click next.
Step 5. Select text chat support. Click Text chat support to open a new window and chat to a customer service worker. Ask him to delete your account permanently. Once a worker is available, the conversation might be done within a few minutes.
Now your Skype account is closed. You can also use these steps for “how to delete Skype account on Android”
Your account will be entirely closed after 60 days but you can change your mind any time during the 60 days. All you have to do is sign into your account again to cancel the closure. This is the only successful method for “how to delete Skype account”
Six key privacy principles of skype-
- Control, they put you in control of their privacy with easy-to-use tools and clear choices.
- Transparency, they will be transparent about data collection and use so that you can make informed decisions.
- Security, they will protect the data you entrust to them through strong security and encryption.
- Strong legal protections, they will respect your local privacy laws and fight for the legal protection of your privacy as a fundamental human right.
- No content-based targeting, they will not use your email, chat, files or other personal content to target ads to you.
- Benefits to you, they do collect data, they use it to benefit you and to make your experiences better.
Now let’s get familiar with the method for “how to deactivate Skype”. Follow the steps given below:
Step 1. Launch your Skype application, and log into your Skype account.
Step 2. View your profile.
- On Windows, in the menu bar, click Skype -> Profile -> Edit Your Profile…
- On Linux, click your Skype Name and select Edit Profile.
- On Mac, click File -> Edit Profile.
Step 3. Remove your personal information, (your name, picture, mood, phone number, and email addresses.)
After you have removed all personal information only your Skype name remains.
- You cannot erase your birth date. Simply set it to a meaningless date.
- If somebody has accepted your contact request, you cannot remove your account from their contact list. Only the contact can remove you from their list.
Step 4. Leave a status message. If you’re leaving Skype completely, you can leave a message that you are no longer active on Skype.
Step 5. Disable auto-recharge.
Step 6. Contact customer service.
Now you have successfully deactivated your Skype account.
These are the best and trusted ways for “how to delete Skype account” and “how to delete Skype account on Android”, hope you find these techniques in this article useful.